This special award and certificate is available to all radio amateurs and SWLs (Short Wave Listeners), who work or hear a specified number of Cray Valley RS members and/or our club and special event stations. It is a five tiered award with basic, bronze, silver, gold and diamond stages. The special certificate is shown below. Its aims are to encourage and increase contact with Cray Valley RS members and our locality and to foster radio friendship. A good way to start looking for active Cray Valley stations, is to listen in and/or join in to our regular open Cray Valley RS nets.
The Cray Valley Award Rules and how they Apply
- Each Cray Valley RS member worked/heard, count as 1 point. A list of current Cray Valley RS members is shown below.
- <ABOVE LI NEED LINK TO MEMBER LIST>
- Each Cray Valley RS club call sign - G3RCV, GX3RCV, G1RCV, GX1RCV, M8C - or other Cray Valley RS Special Event Station operated by members - worked or heard count as 3 points. Special event stations are listed here.
|"G and M" Stations||20||45||60||75||100|
|Maximum number of 3 point QSOs*||1||3||4||5||6|
Stations in GD, GI, GM, GU, GJ and GW should use the rules for "EU" stations.
- All QSOs must be made from the same DXCC country.
- Contacts can be made on any band and on any mode. Endorsements for all/single band/mode are available. (NB Contacts made via any Internet links or man-made repeating devices are not valid, i.e. voice, television or packet repeaters, satellites or anything else that electronically relays a signal).
- Each Society station or Special Event Station contacted above the maximum number shown above counts as 1 point*.
How to Claim the Award
All applicants must submit proof of working or hearing Cray Valley RS members or event stations, since 1 January 2000. Your proof of logged Cray Valley RS contacts, in a separate log book style paper format; countersigned by any two other licensed radio amateurs, should be sent to -
The Cray Valley RS Award Manager
93 Elibank Road
Payment to be Enclosed with your Award Claim
Basic award £5, €8, $10 USD or 12 IRCs.
Bronze, Silver and Gold endorsements £1, €2, $2 USD or 3 IRCs.
Diamond award is only available to stations within the British Isles.
All awards are free to registered blind or disabled persons.
Any queries to be addressed to the awards manager.